The Doctor Behind the Science:
Ahmet Ergin, MD, FACE, CDCE, ECNU is a leading endocrinologist with a particular interest and passion for diabetes care. Dr. Ergin completed his fellowship training from the prestigious Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio. After seeing thousands of patients over the course of his career, he knew he had to branch out and do more and so with seeds of hope and love, SugarMD was created. Dr. Ergin believes in patient education, pharmaceutical as well as medical intervention when necessary but that’s not all. He believes in the science behind ancient herbs that are undervalued in today’s “pharma-focused” world. The herbs and vitamins used in all of the SugarMD products are backed by science, research and studies. SugarMD is focused 100% on purity, potency, and most importantly consumer outcomes. Dr. Ergin is the integral part of SugarMD and is the brain behind all of the SugarMD formulas so you can feel confident that you are investing in the best for your health and well-being.
• Marmara University School of Medicine (Istanbul, Turkey)
• Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, Ohio) – Endocrinology Fellowship 2012
Board certified for:
Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Fellow of American Collage of Endocrinology
Certified Diabetes Education Specialist
• Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute
• St. Lucie Medical Center
• The Cleveland Clinic Manual of Dynamic Endocrine Testing
• 2021 Ultimate Diabetes Book- Ergin, AB
• 2015- Ergin AB , Kennedy L, Gupta M, Hamrahian A. Book title: The Cleveland Clinic Manual of Dynamic
Endocrine Testing. Available online and at book stores.
• Lead author and designer for Institute of Endocrinology magazine- June 2017
• 2018- Ergin AB, Nasr C. Hypothyroidism and Hyponatremia: Simple Association or True Causation, Open Journal of Thyroid Research.
• 2015- Ergin AB , Hatipoglu B. “DPP-4 inhibitors may prolong pancreas graft survival: Cleveland Clinic Experience” , May 2015, Endocrine Practice.
• 2014- Ergin AB , Saralaya S, Olansky L Incidental papillary thyroid carcinoma: Clinical characteristics and prognostic factors among patients with Graves’ disease and euthyroid goiter, Cleveland Clinic experience,. American Journal of otolaryngology
• 2014- Ergin AB ., Nasr C. Sarcoidosis, Interstitial Lung Diseases and Vasculitis-“Thyroid cancer and Sarcoidosis”
• 2013- Ergin AB, Nasr C. “Glycemic Control with Use of Glargine after Cardiothoracic Surgery: A Retrospective Study”. April/ May 2013 edition of Endocrine Practice
• 2012- Ergin AB, Nancy Fong , Hamed A. Daw Rituximab induced bronchiolitis obliterans organizing pneumonia, Case report and review of the literature, Journal of Case Reports in Medicine.
• 2010- Ergin AB, Cristofanilli M. ‘Idiopathic granulomatous mastitis from oncologic perspective: a case report from oncologic perspective, BMJ Case Reports, 2012