The Doctor Behind the Science:
About Doctor Ergin
Ahmet Ergin, MD, CDCE, ECNU is a leading endocrinologist with a particular interest and passion for diabetes care. Dr. Ergin completed his fellowship training from the prestigious Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio. After seeing thousands of patients over the course of his career, he knew he had to branch out and do more and so with seeds of hope and love, SugarMD was created. Dr. Ergin believes in patient education, pharmaceutical as well as medical intervention when necessary but that’s not all. He believes in the science behind ancient herbs that are undervalued in today’s “pharma-focused” world. The herbs and vitamins used in all of the SugarMD products are backed by science, research and studies. SugarMD is focused 100% on purity, potency, and most importantly consumer outcomes. Dr. Ergin is the integral part of SugarMD and is the brain behind all of the SugarMD formulas so you can feel confident that you are investing in the best for your health and well-being.
At SugarMD, our mission is to educate patients living with diabetes through various resources such as free diabetes books, specialized diet books, and informative YouTube videos.
We also offer pure holistic herbal remedies led by well-known endocrinologist Dr. Ergin, curated and produced by licensed pharmacists. Our dedication to providing high-quality products and information is reflected in our use of GMP certified facilities and FDA approved facilities. Furthermore, to ensure the safety and effectiveness of our products, the FDA conducts inspections and tests upon entry to the USA.
We understand that living with diabetes can be a daily struggle, which is why we strive to empower our patients by providing them with reliable and trustworthy resources. Our goal is to not only educate individuals on managing their condition, but also to inspire them to take control of their health and well-being.
The products and ingredients we offer at SugarMD are not only evaluated by industry standards but also backed by scientific data available on PubMed. Numerous studies housed in this respected database of biomedical literature corroborate the effectiveness and benefits of our ingredients. For instance, clinical trials highlight the role of specific herbs in controlling blood sugar levels and improving overall health. Our team diligently reviews these studies, ensuring that our formulations are driven by reliable, cutting-edge scientific research. This strong commitment to evidence-based practice guarantees that our customers are receiving the highest quality products, capable of supporting their journey to better health.
At SugarMD, we believe that knowledge is power, and we are committed to equipping our patients with the tools they need to live a fulfilling life despite having diabetes. Join us on our journey as we strive towards creating a healthier and more informed community for those living with this chronic condition. Let SugarMD be your partner in managing diabetes and living a healthier life.
Marmara University School of Medicine (Istanbul, Turkey)
Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, Ohio) – Endocrinology Fellowship 2012
Board certified for:
Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Fellow of American Collage of Endocrinology
Certified Diabetes Education Specialist
• The Cleveland Clinic Manual of Dynamic Endocrine Testing
• 2021 Ultimate Diabetes Book- Ergin, AB
• 2015- Ergin AB , Kennedy L, Gupta M, Hamrahian A. Book title: The Cleveland Clinic Manual of Dynamic
Endocrine Testing. Available online and at book stores.
• Lead author and designer for Institute of Endocrinology magazine- June 2017
• 2018- Ergin AB, Nasr C. Hypothyroidism and Hyponatremia: Simple Association or True Causation, Open Journal of Thyroid Research.
• 2015- Ergin AB , Hatipoglu B. “DPP-4 inhibitors may prolong pancreas graft survival: Cleveland Clinic Experience” , May 2015, Endocrine Practice.
• 2014- Ergin AB , Saralaya S, Olansky L Incidental papillary thyroid carcinoma: Clinical characteristics and prognostic factors among patients with Graves’ disease and euthyroid goiter, Cleveland Clinic experience,. American Journal of otolaryngology
• 2014- Ergin AB ., Nasr C. Sarcoidosis, Interstitial Lung Diseases and Vasculitis-“Thyroid cancer and Sarcoidosis”
• 2013- Ergin AB, Nasr C. “Glycemic Control with Use of Glargine after Cardiothoracic Surgery: A Retrospective Study”. April/ May 2013 edition of Endocrine Practice
• 2012- Ergin AB, Nancy Fong , Hamed A. Daw Rituximab induced bronchiolitis obliterans organizing pneumonia, Case report and review of the literature, Journal of Case Reports in Medicine.
• 2010- Ergin AB, Cristofanilli M. ‘Idiopathic granulomatous mastitis from oncologic perspective: a case report from oncologic perspective, BMJ Case Reports, 2012