Millions of Americans struggle with their blood sugar. The Center for Disease Control indicates that just over 1 in 10 Americans has been diagnosed with diabetes, and likely there are millions more that battle against that battle their blood sugar without even recognising their symptoms (the CDC says that most prediabetics are wholly unaware of their conditions).
Every diabetic knows that keeping your blood sugar levels as stable as possible is key to preventing spikes or drops, but they also know that that is a truly difficult prospect. Too many carbs (those sneaky carbs), a too-sugary sweet, or a snack that was missed (or eaten at the wrong time), and the risk of a high or low increases. But what if there was a way to gain control of your diabetics with natural blood sugar control supplements? That’s where SugarMD comes in.
Table of Contents
Who is SugarMD?
SugarMD is not just your average diabetes supplement company. SugarMD was created by a diabetologist who has a deep understanding of alternative medicine for patients living with diabetes. SugarMD’s founder, Dr. Ahmet Ergin, believes that diabetes can be controlled easily with lifestyle changes and herbs nature provides. SugarMD team believes knowledge is power so they are dedicated to providing helpful videos, informative blog articles and books, and have even created an app that can guide its users to making the best decisions for their health. And, of course, SugarMD has created a range of blood sugar support supplements to help patients get a handle on their glucose levels.
The MD in SugarMD
Good blood sugar control can only happen from good science, and that’s where Dr. Ahmet Ergin’s guidance comes in. Dr. Ergin is an endocrinologist with a particular passion for diabetes care. He was trained at the world-class Cleveland Clinic, and has treated thousands of patients in his career. Dr. Ergin created SugarMD specifically because “he believes in the science behind ancient herbs that are undervalued in today’s ‘pharma-focused’ world,” and finds that blood sugar control supplements are the perfect complement to patient education and medicinal and medical intervention.
In addition to his work with his patients and with SugarMD, Dr. Ergin has written a book called The Ultimate Diabetes Book. The book was created for anyone with a diabetes (or prediabetes) diagnosis, whether that is new or old. As SugarMD’s website explains, “Dr. Ergin created this book to help you eliminate the burden of diagnosis by empowering you to overcome the daily obstacles of living with diabetes.” Dr. Ergin says:
Whether you have diabetes or know someone with diabetes, the diagnosis can be overwhelming. But it doesn’t have to be. Since the discovery of diabetes in —–many advancements have been made to help improve the lives of those living with the disease. As an endocrinologist, my job is to help those inflicted with the disease control, manage, and overcome it with the help of new technologies, lifestyle changes or medications. In these pages you will find insightful guidance and advice on some of the topics my patients ask me about most. This book was written to serve as a beacon of light, a ray of hope and a trusted guide to help you manage and overcome your diabetes. No matter what type of diabetes you may have, you will find invaluable knowledge and expertise on every page.
As you can tell, Dr. Ergin is passionate about helping people with diabetes.
SugarMD’s Advanced Glucose Support
Sugar MD’s Advanced Glucose Support Supplements were created to Dr. Ergin’s exacting standards. They contain a specially formulated blend of pure, powerful herbs including:
- Bitter Melon: According to Healthline Bitter Melon “has long been used by indigenous populations around the world to help treat diabetes-related conditions. Bitter melon is thought to improve the way that sugar is used in your tissues and promote the secretion of insulin, the hormone responsible for regulating blood sugar levels.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek seeds contain fiber and other chemicals that may reduce the absorption of carbohydrates and sugar in the diet. Fenugreek may also help improve insulin release and how the body handles the glucose due to the amino acid 4-hydroxyisoleucine. Studies demonstrate the seed’s ability to lower blood sugar in people with diabetes.
- Gymnema: Native to India and Africa, gymnema has been used in the ancient Indian medicinal practice (Ayurveda) for thousands of years. It is believed that this herb lowers the absorption of glucose. Also, It also can reduce cravings for sweets by blocking the sugar taste buds on your tongue. As a result, sweet foods are not as appealing anymore.
- Amla (Indian gooseberry): The active property, tannoid, helps support the normal function of pancreatic beta cells and protects the pancreas from inflammation and pancreatitis, common in patients with diabetes. Reducing inflammation in the pancreas is key in controlling blood sugar in healthy levels.
- Jambolan (Syzygium cumini): Jambolan is widely used in India to treat diabetes. Jambolan contains an alkaloid, jambosine, which lowers starch conversion into sugar. In studies, it has been demonstrated to help lower fasting blood glucose.
- Swertia Chirata: According to Dr. Sarah Brewer, “Bitterstick (swertia chirata), also known as Indian gentian or kariyatu, is traditionally used to reduce inflammation and lower blood glucose levels […] Cell culture studies suggest [swertia chirata] supplements have a blood glucose lowering activity due to the stimulation of insulin release from the pancreas.”
- Turmeric/Curcumin: A spice commonly used in delicious food, when consumed in higher doses, turmeric can play a role in diabetes prevention. Researchers believe that turmeric may have properties that help lower inflammation induced by insulin resistance.
In this special formula, all of these ingredients work harmoniously to maintain and support healthy glucose levels.
Block "blog-cta" not found
Block "blog-cta" not found
Is a blood sugar support supplement right for me?
While only your doctor can tell you for sure, if you are one of the millions who wrestle their blood sugar every day, a blood sugar support supplement may be just the thing to help you gain control of your glucose. It does seem pretty clear that, if you try a blood sugar supplement, you won’t be alone in doing so. As Healthline explains, “more and more people are turning to alternative medicines and supplements. In fact, according to the American Diabetes Association, diabetics are more likely to use supplements than those without the disease.”
One challenge in assessing blood sugar support supplements is that there have been relatively few comprehensive studies on the ingredients in them. This makes some sense, as these types of studies are often paid for by the pharmaceutical companies who have the most to lose by definitively proving the power of supplements. Even so, international research studies absolutely demonstrate that every ingredient in SugarMD’s Advanced Glucose Support Supplements can have a positive impact on your health.
Before you start any supplement, it’s a good idea to check with your doctor. You’ll want to assess any potential interactions between Advanced Glucose Support Supplements and your current maintenance medications. Additionally, if you are on sulfonylurea (glipizide, glyburide, glimepiride) or insulin, this supplement can lead to low blood sugar levels, meaning that you’ll want to increase your monitoring. Your doctor can guide you in all of this.
But the good news is that SugarMD’s Advanced Glucose Support Supplements can, and probably should, be used alongside your current medication. Unless there are drug interaction worries, all of these high-quality ingredients are formulated to help on your journey to control.
Sugar MD’s Diabetic Supplements Support a Variety of Lifestyles
More control of your blood sugar with supplements means that you can spend less time worrying and more time living. You no longer need to plan your day around your snacks. You may be able to eliminate those highs and lows that make you feel terrible. When things are level and managed, you can go where you want and do what you want. SugarMD is excited to be a part of your process.
In addition to controlling your blood sugar levels, SugarMD’s Advanced Glucose Support Supplements are designed to:
- Help you control your weight
- Increase your metabolism
- Process carbohydrates
- Reduce cravings for sweets
- Increase energy
- Support your pancreas
All of this can help you to live a healthier and more vital life, no matter your lifestyle!
Block "blog-cta" not found
Block "blog-cta" not found
Created by a medical doctor, who is passionate about helping patients to regain the control over their lives that diabetes too-often strips away, SugarMD’s Advanced Glucose Support Supplements are formulated to do exactly that. Perfect for any lifestyle, these blood sugar control supplements can work alongside your current treatment plan to help you take back your life!
- Is the only endocrinologist formulated and approved blood glucose supplement on the market.
- Contains a specially formulated blend of pure, powerful herbs that work harmoniously to maintain and support healthy glucose levels.
- Is recommended for pre-diabetic and Type 2 diabetics alike.